Oily skin often faces problems like a greasy complexion, acne marks or enlarged pores. A proper and suitable skincare routine and products help with these problems. Scroll to read the tips and editor’s picks to build the best skincare routine for oily skin.
How do I know if my skin is oily?
If your skin is oily, this is how it looks like:
- Shiny T-zone or whole face is greasy after cleansing for 1-2 hours
- Enlarged pores
- Breakouts or blemishes
- Makeup looks melt easily
Below are the things that you need to consider if you have oily skin:
- Cleanse in the morning and double cleanse in the evening
- Always remember to moisturize, opt for gel-base and light-texture moisturizer, when your skin is dehydrated, it produces more oil to protect the barrier
- Use a toner and serum to refine pores and target specific skin concerns
- Go for ingredients that help with sebum control, boost skin turnover and soothe inflammation like tea tree oil, niacinamide or retinol
- Exfoliate regularly to unclog pores
- Wear sunscreen as free radicals may worsen your acne
Best Skincare routine for acne-prone & oily skin
Here are the simple and easy ways to establish a skincare routine for oily skin.
- AM: Cleanser, Serum, Moisturizer & Sunscreen
- PM: Double Cleanse, Toner, Serum & Night Cream
- Use moisturizing /soothing/ whitening mask 2-3 times a week
- Exfoliate skin 1-2 times with AHAs or BHAs products or clay mask
- Spot treatment with tea tree oil, BHAs and etc.
Step 1: Remove make-up with BIODERMA Sebium H2O
This micellar water is designated for oily skin. The formulation is gentle but can remove the makeup and dirt deeply. It’s non-comedogenic and free from paraben, soap and alcohol. The micellar water helps to regulate excess oil production and leaves your skin soft and shine-free.
Step 2: Double cleanse with CETAPHIL Oily Skin Cleanser Gel
The cleansing gel helps to remove the impurities and oil gently without damaging the skin barrier. The formulation is pH-balanced non-soap which dermatologists often recommend. It’s great for oily, combination or acne-prone skin.
The cleanser contains glycerin, pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E which won’t strip the skin’s natural moisture balance and maintain softness after cleansing.
Step 2: Tone with NATURALS BY WATSONS Tea Tree & Green Tea Mattifying Toner
After using a facial cleanser, it’s time for the toner. It makes sure to clean the last traces of dirt and impurities on your face. Also, it can restore pH balance of the skin and shrink pores. NATURALS BY WATSONS Tea Tree & Green Tea Mattifying Toner is formulated with natural ingredients tea tree and green tea which can mattify and purify the skin.
Step 3: Target skin concerns with IMEW Niacinamide Booster
IMEW Niacinamide Booster contains 10% Niacinamide. The serum is dermatologically tested and vegan-friendly without animal testing. It helps to brighten skin tone, control oil production, and minimize the pores. It’s great for fading acne scars and soothing inflammation.
Check out the ingredients to fade acne scars.
Step 4: Moisturize with NANO WHITE Spot Correction Mattifying Moisturizer
NANO WHITE Spot Correction Mattifying Moisturizer is a lightweight & oil-free moisturiser with a matte finish but long-lasting moisture. It’s formulated with Arbutin and Niacinamide which can even your skin tone, refine pores and smooth skin texture. It’s great for those who have blemishes or acne scars.
Step 5: Treat your skin with ROVECTIN Dr.Mask Aqua
The ROVECTIN Dr.Mask Aqua contains Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) and Panthenol (Vitamin B5) which can provide hydration and moisture for the skin. It’s 100% vegan and made of natural ingredients. It’s great for oily skin to boost hydration and reduce oil production.
Shop skincare products for oily skin in Watsons!
Find out more about skincare tips for oily skin.
How to choose a moisturizer for oily skin
Sunscreen myths for oily skin
How often you should use a sheet mask