Taking care of your sensitive skin can be a chore. If you have sensitive skin, your complexion may need a little extra pampering. Otherwise, it will become easily irritated and redness. Learn about the signs of sensitive skin and how to manage clear and glowing skin. Check out the skincare tips for sensitive skin below!
#1 How to recognise sensitive facial skin?
Before diving into the skincare tips for sensitive skin, it’s important to determine whether you actually have sensitive skin. Let’s check symptoms to recognize your skin type.
- Your skin feels tight or uncomfortable after washing your face.
- Getting red spots and rash more often than others.
- Suffering from premature wrinkles and fine lines.
If you have the above symptoms, then no doubt your skin is sensitive in nature.
#2 What causes sensitive skin reactions?
Sensitive skin is caused when your skin’s natural barrier function is weakened. Those causes of sensitive skin can be:
- air pollution,
- changes in temperature or
- sun exposure, etc.
The sensitive reactions not only can happen on your face but also anywhere on your body, like hands, feet or arms.
#3 How to soothe sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin needs extra care and maintenance to protect your skin from getting damaged. Here are some tips to protect your skin.
Ingredients that help to repair your skin barrier
Niacinamide, ceramide, fatty acids, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid are great for repairing damaged skin barriers.
Ingredients to include and avoid for sensitive skin
Best ingredients for sensitive skin
- calendula extract
- shea butter
Worst ingredients for sensitive skin
- Ammonium lauryl sulfate
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Apricot kernels
- Gentle cleansing lotion: Clean your face without disrupting your skin’s natural barrier.
- Alcohol-free toner: Balance the skin’s pH value.
- Fragrance-free moisturizer: To avoid skin irritation and allergic reactions.