Getting into the mood of shutting down for the day in the buzzing city sometimes may get so intense and it’s just so hard to sleep. Even when our eyes are shut, our brain is just thinking of “okay, tomorrow this… next… okay and then…” and it might be a routine at times that we got used to scrolling or swiping on our mobile phone with the saying “oh! Just 5 minutes okay?” and next thing we know is that the clock tick past midnight. What can we benefit from this sleeping pattern?
Importance of good sleep for health and beauty
- Sharper Brain
Remember when we were kids and the elders used to ask us to go to bed early? There is a reason for it 😊 When you sleep less, that will cause some trouble in holding onto and recalling details because sleep plays a big part in both learning and memory.
- Mood Booster
Ever met a monster friend before? Haha! Lack of sleep also tends to give you more negative emotional reactions and raise the chance of having a mood disorder. Heard of Insomnia? Yes, you will probably develop depression and panic disorder, and your odds of anxiety. Nothing is great here.
- Healthier Heart & Steady Blood Sugar
During your sleep, your blood pressure is low, and the amount of glucose in your body drops. In other words, the less sleep you get, your blood pressure goes skyrockets and your body will have a harder time responding to the needs of your cells and blood sugar level.
- Germ Fighting
If you had the experience of having Covid positive before, all you did was rest and sleep a lot, right? With enough sleep, it helps you ward off illnesses, and your immune system identifies harmful bacteria and viruses in your body and destroys them. An ongoing lack of sleep changes the way your immune cells work. They may not attack as quickly, and you could get sick more often. Jadi begitulah.
- Weight Control
Bet we all have been through the zombie mode before and the chin and extra package on our hips just couldn’t hide anymore. Anything became bloated because of sleep-deprived messes with the hormones in your brain. Not fun.
- Faster skin heeling
“Beauty sleep” is real. Our skin uses sleep hours to heal itself from the day’s damage. When you drift off, your skin gets the chance to improve.
- Fewer Breakouts
More sleep, clearer skin. Lack of sleep can lead to stress, which causes pimples and blackheads, even in adults. Remember that zaman “Exam Fever” and we got those zits here and there popping up for no reason? Yup, that explains it.
- Brighter Eyes
Want eyes that sparkle? Don’t let dark circles steal their spotlight. Dark circles often run-in families, but they can look even darker if you aren’t getting enough shut-eye.
With a little bit of help…
- If you are having difficulties to sleep, probably you may want to try this supplement which traditionally tackles difficulty in sleep issues. Purchase 2 at RM108 which saves you RM28!!
- MEG Rhythm Steam Eye Mask Unscented 5’s is a MUST TRY item because it relaxes the muscles around the eyes and instant relief towards the brain and automatically calms the mind and body, and you fall asleep easily.
- Want to wake up as if you just got out from a spa? Try URIAGE Eau Thermale Water Sleeping Mask 50ml that dives your skin in a real « Thermal Bath » as if you just had an “8 hours of sleep”. The final result leaves the skin texture smoothed, fully moisturized, supple and soft for an ultra-fresh glow.
How to improve sleep hygiene
- No caffeine: watch your coffee, tea, soda, or chocolate intake which can keep you from sleeping. Slow down if you have trouble getting to sleep, especially before dinner.
- Go to bed earlier: Start with an hour earlier than your usual sleeping time and then increase from there as needed. Try to wake up naturally but set an alarm when needed.
- No screens before bed: read a book instead! Avoid phone, tablet, television, or computer screen close to bedtime. Simple. 😊
- Dim lights or dark quiet room: You’ll sleep like a baby if the room is dark, cool, and quiet. Try it!
- Get outside: Try to go at least 30 minutes of daylight every day. Knowing that now with the WFH convenience, oh please get out for some fresh air. It helps a lot!
Wishing you good sleeping hygiene and may you have the sweetest dream that the moon can give for the night!